Sunday, January 27, 2008

So No One Even Tried To Guess...

Our mystery guest was none other than the funny, witty, talented and caring...



...BRETT!

Brett is one of my best friends from P'ville High School. We have been through a lot together, he is like a brother to me and he was a groomsman in our wedding. He lives in NY city and I rarely see him, so you can imagine how THRILLED I was when he called last Saturday to tell me he was flying into SLC airport on Sunday for a free-lance gig at Sundance Film Festival. He works in the film/TV industry, filming and editing film for different things like commercials and documentaries. So, when he got the chance to be flown to UT for Sundance, it was an added bonus to visit with Ben & I...or rather, it was our bonus!




So, we had about 6 hours to spend with our friend and were able to bring him up to the house, show him around Ogden, have dinner, and see his pics from his recent trip to Spain before returning him to SLC to his hotel and job. It was wonderful. There is nothing like a surprise visit from such a dear friend to liven up a long weekend! (hint hint)

Brett, thanks for NOT forgetting to call me and tell me you were coming...this blog may not have been as "sweet" if you had forgotten. ;)

We are now looking forward to a visit from my Dad, Mark and my Grandpa, Bill next month and from the Roebuck family in March. Anyone else want in? We love visitors! :):):)

2 comments:

stephanie said...

I want back in!!!! But with my Ben this time.... maybe after the wedding - when we're sick of having "post-wedding day" blues. :)

Crystal said...

you can pencil jim and me (and maybe baby jay) for fall-ish 2008....i wanna be there for snow!