Monday, September 10, 2007

my new job

Thank you to everyone who has been praying for me to get a new job and also to adjust well....God is good and He has aswered these prayers! My commute is between 45 minutes and 1 hour 15 minutes each day on the way in, so that stinks, but on the way home it is 30-45 minutes. So, different things different days help break up the monotony of the drive. I am at 4 different elementary schools during the week (at one school 2 days and 3 schools 1 day each). So I start at different times and have different drives each day. I like the job. I like counseling. Some adjustments are more difficult, like learning the different cultures at different schools...different rules, expectations, roles, etc. Some people are more friendly than others and some are more helpful than others...but the kids are kids. They have issues and I am there to help them. I like that part. I get to play, talk, write, make calls, etc. And I can't wait to get my first real grown-up pay check that reflects my Masters!!!! So thanks...things are going well and I feel really blessed to be in this position! We'll see what God does with me...:)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad to hear that you're liking your job so far! The commute does sound long, but maybe you can start listening to a good book on tape, or some great P&W music/CD. that's what I tend to do.

Love you!

Natalie said...

yay! that's really great, es. i am so glad that you found something that is what you love to do. i hope that all the parts about it that aren't the greatest will be surpassed by the joy you feel from helping kids and getting paid to do it. ;-) it's very rewarding to work in schools, isn't it?
xo

Beth said...

Praise God for answering our prayers! I'm so excited for you in this new job, Esther. God has definitely gifted you for it. Just the other day I was telling someone about you and how good you are at working with adults and kids and validating their feelings and problems and then helping them to find solutions. You have a unique way of connecting with people and showing Christ to them. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

Natalie said...

hey es,
can we maybe plan a visit for november? or are you too busy? my october weekends and november weekends are filling up, but if we can work something out soon, we just might be able to do it! ;o) what do you think?
nat

Natalie said...

oh, also... are you going east for christmas? yvonne sent me a letter and she said she wanted to plan a get together for whoever would be home around the holidays!