Sunday, May 13, 2007

Pics, pics and more pics!

Check out our flickr account http://www.flickr.com/photos/8144948@N06/ (thanks Heather for the recommendation!)...we have uploaded nearly every pic we've taken since we left PA. You can see as many as you would like...or not.

We visited Grace Church today and were so relieved to meet some really great people who were completely welcoming and encouraging. They talked to us about everything from Mormon culture (they have classes about understanding it), being new in the area (nearly everyone was at some time), where to look for houses, what the schools are like (I met an elem principal who used to be a school counselor and a PE Jr. Hi teacher). We just felt really good when we left, not only after worshiping God and enjoying the service...but after meeting such great people. We left with several phone numbers and promises for invitations for dinner! woo hooo! We did miss Ed's preaching and Pilgrim's worship...and of course our friends. I got a little emotional thinking about it and had to keep myself from crying in church...haha We have lots of new things to get used to, but like I said, we were so encouraged. One lady we met is from Johannesburg, South Africa (that is very near where our friend Christo is from) and has lived in Bangor, Maine (where my friend JP lives!) haha...what a small world. And one family asked us why we didn't have a philly accent, their mother grew up in the Fishtown area of Philly. haha The church has an Outdoor club for hikers/skiiers, etc...perfect for my mountain man! So, it seems we will be attending this church, but we are open to God's moving one way or another. Thank you all for your prayers...God listens, BIG TIME!

At least 3 secondary schools here have already posted openings for school counselors, so I need to be sure my paperwork for certification is up to date and I can start applying. Please pray about this as well!

I can't wait to start seeing houses on Tuesday! And, for the record, Rascal is completely at home now in our apartment. I think he thinks we finally brought him back home...we just changed everything. haha He loves it here.

Let me know what questions you have! God is so good and deserves all the praise!

Happy Mothers Day to all of you wonderful Moms! (especially Nikki, Debbie, Meg, Lousie & Betty...you are all WONDERFUL!)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Everything looks so wonderful, Es. I love both your perspective and Ben's perspective on the move. Sounds like God has really opened doors for you to live and serve there. I'll keep praying for you and the living/working situation. I'm sure it won't take long for Ogden to realize the treasure they have with you two there!

Crystal B said...

awwww, you guys, your pictures make me want to come visit!!! and they remind me of home....

glad God is blessing you so richly out there, but we still miss you bunches here!!!