Thursday, May 24, 2007

answers to prayer

SO, WE FOUND OUT THIS AFTERNOON THAT OUR OFFER ON THE HOUSE WAS ACCEPTED...$165,000 FOR THE GORGEOUS 4 BR 2 BATH "VAN BUREN" (AS WE CALL IT SINCE IT IS ON VAN BUREN ST). PRAISE GOD FOR HIS PROVISION. WE MAY HAVE CLOSING COMPLETED BY JUNE 23RD! WHICH WOULD ROCK B/C THEN I WOULD BE HOME WITH BEN FOR THE MOVE BEFORE I FLY TO PHILLY ON JULY 4TH. ANOTHER PRAISE FOR THAT!

IN OTHER NEWS, WE HAD A CALL FROM OUR (NEW) PASTOR'S WIFE TODAY INVITING US TO THEIR HOUSE FOR A MEMORIAL DAY PICNIC WITH OTHERS FROM THE CHURCH. HOW GREAT! WE WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO REALLY GET TO KNOW SOME MORE PEOPLE WITHOUT HAVING TO WAIT FOR INVITATIONS. (OUR PLACE IS REALLY TOO SMALL TO COOK IN, AS I FOUND OUT TONIGHT TRYING TO DO A PASTA DISH...TOO SMALL...PLUS, I HATE ELECTRIC RANGES AFTER HAVING GAS)

GOD IS DOING WONDERFUL THINGS, AND EVEN THOUGH WE REALLY MISS OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY, I AM SOOOOO PLEASED TO SEE GOD MOVING AND WORKING IN OUR NEW LIFE HERE. WE COULDN'T BE HAPPIER ABOUT THE NEW HOUSE (STILL JUST HOPING AND NOT PUTTING TRUST IN IT THOUGH!)...AND THE NEW CHURCH IS GOING TO BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT THAN PILGRIM (WHICH ME MISS IN SO MANY WAYS) BUT I KNOW GOD HAS A PLACE AND A PLAN FOR US HERE AND I TRUST IN THAT DAILY AS WE MOVE FORWARD WITH ADJUSTING.

ONE NOTE OF PRAYER...BEN (BY THE WAY RASCAL JUST BROUGHT ME HIS BALL TO PLAY FETCH...AND AGAIN...HE HAS ADJUSTED JUST FINE!) ANYWAY, BEN TELLS ME HE HAS A LOT TO LEARN AT THE NEW JOB AND I AM FULLY CONFIDENT IN HIM, BUT HE SOMETIMES DOUBTS HIMSELF AND BECOMES ANXIOUS...PRAYER AND ENCOURAGEMENT ARE MORE THAN WELCOME!

I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH HOW MUCH I MISS YOU ALL AND LOVE YOU...AND HOW WELCOME YOU WILL BE TO VISIT AND MAKE NEW MEMORIES WITH US. :):):)

4 comments:

Amy said...

Great about the house! I'm praying...
Since you've been hinting so non discreetly for visitors, after y'all get settled in and my life settles a bit, I'd love to come and visit!

Beth said...

That's wonderful, Esther!!! Praise God!

I'm glad the church is being so welcoming and gracious to you.

Tell Ben we're praying for him!

Love you!

Natalie said...

think how fun it will be to decorate your new place!

Felicity said...

Ben & Esther,
I am so excited about your new casa :o) I can't imagine, you are so growned up out buying your own house to live with someone of the opposite sex. Imagine, life is pretty much over now right? I am just kidding!!! I am so excited for you two, Kyle and I will have to come out at some point. I think we might try and use some of my vacation days next year to come out. I have always wanted to come to Utah. Now what a great excuse. Love you both, and Brittnye says hello. She is here visiting me for a week!!! :o)